Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Score Question

@Anonymous wrote:
I know the utilization in total is showing at about 77%. My wifes is much higher and her scores are fine

The problem is that overall "aggregate" utilization of 77% isn't the only thing FICO scores look at.  They look at individual utilization as well, and if ANY of your cards are overlimit or maxed out, it may cause a serious ding on FICO.  See my signature thread on why I don't like people reporting just overall utilization -- it doesn't help with FICO scoring advice.

Can your wife get the loan in her name only?

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lender uses the 8. I just cant understand for the life of me why its such a discrepancy. I could get maybe 20 between the 3 but when one is so much lower than the other two something just doesnt seem right.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, unfortunately we need both incomes for the loan. This has been an ongoing problem for over 9 months with no solution. Do you think part of the problem could be the loweting credit limits even though they were lowered to under the credit balance?
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.