Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score scam!!

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Score scam!!

So........have we decided whether you can or can't buy just the EQ FICO score and report without having to purchase the $12.95 per month Score Watch?

Message 11 of 26
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@MarineVietVet wrote:

So........have we decided whether you can or can't buy just the EQ FICO score and report without having to purchase the $12.95 per month Score Watch?

I posted a follow-up. The only way to get any EQ FICO product from EQ is via their SW version. You cannot buy an EQ report and FICO score from EQ despite saying otherwise on the product.

Message 12 of 26
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@llecs wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

I posted a follow-up. The only way to get any EQ FICO product from EQ is via their SW version. You cannot buy an EQ report and FICO score from EQ despite saying otherwise on the product.

Isn't that what I said originally???  Smiley Tongue

But I'm glad that I wasn't telling people the wrong thing.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 13 of 26
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@llecs wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Isn't that what I said originally???  Smiley Tongue

But I'm glad that I wasn't telling people the wrong thing.

I was a doubting Thomas. BTW, did we TJ anyone? If so, sorry. Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 26
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@llecs wrote:

I was a doubting Thomas. BTW, did we TJ anyone? If so, sorry. Smiley Sad

Let's call it a "natural progression" shall we?  Smiley Happy

But I don't think we TJ'ed this. The original post was all about confusion with credit scores. We are just trying to be less confused.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 15 of 26
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

On December. 30 2010 I checked my Equifax credit score through 5 different sources that claim to give you an Equifax credit score. All 5 sources gave me a different score ranging from 563-682 and everything in between. Equifax told me that they don't figure the score that it comes from Fair Isaac FICO. I checked my score at creditreport.com, trucreditreport.com, myfico.com, equifax.com and had citi financial check it supposedly from Equifax and all of the scores were way different on the same day. FICO score is just another version of the old shell game, con game. It's nothing but smoke and mirrors and the biggest scam ever perpetrated on the American public. It doesn't really matter what you do you score is going to change, probably so that the crooked credit card companies can charge you %25 interest when they want to.

Sorry for the TJ, OP. Certainly if you checked your EQ score from Equifax.com, then for sure it wasn't a FICO score even if it said "FICO" on the registration page as indicated in a prior post.

For sure the scores from creditreport.com, Truecredit, Equifax.com, and Citi's product are all non-FICO scores (aka FAKO). Ignore those. The one from myFICO is a FICO. Because all of these FAKO scores have different ranges and different criteria as to what goes into them, they will vary from score to score and they'd never match what a mortgage lender would use. They are nothing more than marketing score, IMO. I'd stop short of saying it's a scam, based on the assumption they are trying to compete with FICO, but nobody is using them.

It's up to us to become credit saavy enough to know that a Volkswagen isn't the same as a Maserati.

Message 16 of 26
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Scorewatch is the same info whether you get it here or on the Equifax site.  The BIG difference....here you can use the discount codes found online, and you can also use those codes to purchase the TU FICO, and here...they are both in one handy place on the same page.

And on EQ & TU"cs" you don't have all the wonderful camaraderie like you have here.  It's so totally win-win!  Smiley Wink

And lastly...here you know for a fact it's not a FAKO, which is most important of all.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 17 of 26
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

A FICO score purchase is available w/ a report ($15.95) without purchasing EQ's SW version:

Something like this?

dh-eq-fico.png

Message 18 of 26
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

So is that where you end up after these 2 screens?

original.jpg

original2.jpg

Message 19 of 26
ferrari
Regular Contributor

So it is a FICO score after all?

There is actually a coupon code for SW at Equifax. I forgot where I got it from or what it was but I am paying like 6-7 dollars/month. Also. I don't believe it's the exact same product as the one here as it updates more consistently. That's why after comparing both for a couple of months I canceled myfico's SW and kept equifax's. I wish myfico offered something similar for TU though

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.