Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Score

Yesterday, Verizon deleted a charge off from my credit report. I have an accout with truecredit.com and I updated my score but I didn't see any change in my score. before charge off as bad debt was reported my score was 711 and after it was 635. after paying the charge off my score is 660. I am not sure how much increase I will have but does it take long time for credit score to be updated? or does it do it right away or do i have to wait at the end of the month?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Score

it depends on when the CRAs report it to myfico....

Message 2 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Dhaval wrote:
Yesterday, Verizon deleted a charge off from my credit report. I have an accout with truecredit.com and I updated my score but I didn't see any change in my score. before charge off as bad debt was reported my score was 711 and after it was 635. after paying the charge off my score is 660. I am not sure how much increase I will have but does it take long time for credit score to be updated? or does it do it right away or do i have to wait at the end of the month?

You do realize that these scores from TrueCredit are FAKO's, right?

Is the charge-off now gone from the new TrueCredit report? If it isn't gone from the report yet (from all three reports, of course), the score won't/ can't change.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

the charge off account was removed from truecredit.com. I updated my report today and it shows the account removed. I fought with verizon and they agreed to remove the charge off because they found an error in my account from verizon.
Message 4 of 9
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Its hard enough trying to understand sudden score bumps (or not) with FICO. I wouldn't try myself trying to figure out whats with the FAKOS. I'd suggest that you give it a few more days and pull your TU FICO.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

my next TU credit score update is on 4/24/2009. I hope I am back to 711 on my TU or higher. I am currently trying to refianance and If i get a good mid score then I would get a good rate.
Message 6 of 9
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Good luck!
Message 7 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I always assume a two month delay from an action I take to a CRA posting result. 

First, the creditor has to post to the CRA, and when they post is only once monthly, not daily.  It costs them a lot of manpower and bucks to report to the CRAs.  So they do it once a month, at best.

Then the CRA has to post their data to their files.

Never assume that an action will show in your CR for at least two months, to be safe.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

my case is diffrent. since the error was on Verizon side. I told them to updated it right away because I am trying to refinance on my mortgage. So the lady was nice enough to do it for me right away. thank you for the information after this is deletd I will be less stressed haha
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.