Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Scores From Pentagon Federal Credit Union

tag
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

Credit Scores From Pentagon Federal Credit Union

A friend told me that he is getting periodic cdit scores from penatagon Federal Credit Union.  He was however totally unsure if they were FICO scores or something else or even which CRA they were from.

Does anyone happen to know what credit score Pen Fed is selling to members?  I found nothing on their site but I thought someone here might know.  If this is the wrong forum for an inquiry like this please move it to the appropraite forum.   it looked like the right one to me but I amy be wrong.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit Scores From Pentagon Federal Credit Union

Interesting! I've never seen that, and I've had (at various times) credit card accounts, an auto loan, a line of credit, and the basic share (savings) account.

Can you ask him to pull up his account and tell you what screen he sees it on?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Penfed resells IdentitySecure:

https://www.identitysecure.com/global/scripts/promo.asp?ref=PENCUROSPAG0001

Could that be it? The FAKO is a CreditXpert Score.

Message 3 of 6
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Pen Fed also has a relationship with Equifax that provides a discount on two of their products:

https://www.penfed.org/productsAndRates/resourceCenter/partnershipsAndUsefulResources/overview.asp

It appears that neither product offers a Fico score.

Message 4 of 6
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys this gives me something to go on.  He is convined it is FICO but I suspect it is not although  I think the Equiax product inludessome accessto FICO scores.

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IIRC, EQ's Credit Watch used to offer an EQ FICO score but it seems they did away with that a couple of years ago (at least). They no longer offer any score with that product. If he had it in the past, maybe he was thinking of that.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.