New Visitor
3200Ocean

Credit Scores

I was looking to get financed for our new home. I ran all three of my credit scores from TU 670, EQ 599 and EX 644. When I went to the lender he told us that my mean/median score was 584 and I could not get qualified. He to us that what we see online from EQ, TU and EX are not real FICO scores? I am not sure what to do?  

Established Contributor
bettercreditguy1

Re: Credit Scores

You say you ran all of your credit scores. Where did they come from?  If not from a lender or my fico.com they were probably a generic, aka fako. Fako scores are a lot higher than tru Fico scores.

Starting scores 01/02/2012 EQ 707(Fico) TU 733(Fico) EXP 735 (FAKO)
Updated scores 06/01/2014 EQ 797(Fico) TU 768(Fico) EXP 769 (Fico), EQ 849 (Next Gen 5/27/14 Penfed)

Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Blogger
HiLine

Re: Credit Scores

A score that does not mention FICO is guaranteed to not be a FICO score. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+