efrey75

Credit Scores

Hi, I pulled my transunion report/score today, then i went to equifax website and pulled all 3 reports and scores. My question is why would my transunion score from their actual website be 100 points lower on the equifax website?????

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal

Re: Credit Scores

They are both different FAKO scores, developed with different scoring criteria and weights.  They are not used by lenders.

EQ:701 TU:745 EX:694
Barclays Arrival $6.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - CSP $5k - Amex ED $19.5k
efrey75

I spoke with a financing manager yesterday and she informed me that they pull from transunion, I just don't see how my transunion on their site is 100 points higher than on equifax. Equifax gave me scores from all 3. I get the whole fako thing.  But wouldn't you think my transunion fako would be the same on both sites? 

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal

They are different FAKO scores with different algorithms, different scoring methods, and different min/max score ranges.  Of course they are going to be different.

EQ:701 TU:745 EX:694
Barclays Arrival $6.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - CSP $5k - Amex ED $19.5k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+