Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Scores

Does anyone have any experience with adding good payment history to their credit report. For example I am currently paying an installment loan but the lender does not report to credit beuraus. After researching I found out that you can right a letter to credit bureaus asking them to add good payment history to your profile.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Scores

I have myself never heard of anything like this, if it involves contacting the bureau.

What is certainly possible is to contact the creditor (the one who is not reporting to one or more bureaus) and ask if the creditor would be willing to begin reporting your loan to the three bureaus.  The answer may well be "no", but you can certainly ask.

A final note:

It's possible that in the research you did, what you actually ran across was a discussion of Regulation B of the the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.  Reg B is sometimes called the “shoebox credit” provision of the ECOA.

It does not compel the credit bureaus to add a history of a well paid account to their credit file.  (This is what you were asking about.)

Instead, Reg B compels a prospective lender to consider the history of that account when it is reviewing your application for credit.  So, for example, if you are asking a very specific Suntrust branch in your city for an auto loan, you can bring to them proof of that account and all your payments, and they are compelled to review it and factor it into their decision.

Here is a discussion of Reg B:

https://www.jackiebeck.com/regulation-b-and-credit-reporting/

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more observation.  I notice that you have started three different threads in the last several days.  You use the same subject line for each one: Credit Scores.  That doesn't help the people here in the community -- better would be to write a phrase to describes the specific thing you want to talk about.

So, for example, in one thread you were asking about the scoring benefit of paying your credit cards in full.  So for that thread you might use the subject line: pay card balance in full -- score help?

For this one you might write use the subject line: can I add an account to my credit report?

Etc.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and I will keep the label of the thread in mine for myself but also for others who could also benefit. When researching I came across this and thought it was interesting and worth looking into http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/adding-positive-information-your-credit-report.html
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.