Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Scoring is Bunk!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Scoring is Bunk!

After checking my score last week, my "inquiries" were set at a total of 4 with my dashboard showing "GOOD".

Now I check it today and still have the same total number of 4 but my dashboard says, "NOT GOOD".

Another thing - I guess I must have missed the fine print when I signed up for the trial saying that Bill Me Later was going to pull my credit to see if I was worthy of signing up for the trial and being billed later.

I will stand on the mountaintop and tell it to the world:

Credit Companies and Credit Scoring, as a whole, is bunk.

My advice to all who frequent this site - stop worrying about your scores and begin worrying about paying for everything with cash as these methods are pretty much designed to keep the working man working and the money man making money.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Scoring is Bunk!

CreditScoresAreBunk wrote:

My advice to all who frequent this site - stop worrying about your scores and begin worrying about paying for everything with cash as these methods are pretty much designed to keep the working man working and the money man making money.

Most of us here consider it fiscally irresponsible not to accept free money and income when it is available  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit Scoring is Bunk!

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Most of us here consider it fiscally irresponsible not to accept free money and income when it is available  Smiley Happy

Yep, no one's making any money off of me, except on the mortgage stuff. And it would be un-American not to have a mortgage. Even Dave Ramsey lets you have those.

Bunk, you didn't think that we advocate carrying balances on cards and paying interest, did you?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.