Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Secure vs MyFico vs Others

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Secure vs MyFico vs Others

Couldn't find anything that wasn't pretty old...

What are people using to monitor credit scores these days.  I know many of the lenders give a free score every month.  Are you sticking with that or using something different.  In the past, I have used Credit Secure from AMEX and myFICO.  Took a hiatus (didn't want to know my score) and now am back in the game.  myFICO still seems like a rip off.  Wondering what your opinions are!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Secure vs MyFico vs Others

FICO scores are what matters, so the free scores provided by some lenders such as Chase, Capital One, etc. aren't of the FICO variety (VS 3.0 instead) so they aren't meaningful.  Others like Amex, Citi, Discover, etc. do provide genuine/meaningful FICO scores.

In addition to the monthly scores provided by lenders, I like to throw in a CCT $1 trial (or two) depending on what I have going on with my file.  A CCT $1 trial provides you with your 3B reports and 3 FICO 08 scores, twice, all for a buck.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit scorecard (discover) for your EX FiCO 8 (free)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover covers my TU and EX (member scorecard for TU and free scorecard for everyone for EX)

Fingerhut (lol) used to cover EQ but they recently switched back to EX

But I have Ultimate 3B here so I get all three every month plus monitoring anyway.

Message 4 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Couldn't find anything that wasn't pretty old...

What are people using to monitor credit scores these days.  I know many of the lenders give a free score every month.  Are you sticking with that or using something different.  In the past, I have used Credit Secure from AMEX and myFICO.  Took a hiatus (didn't want to know my score) and now am back in the game.  myFICO still seems like a rip off.  Wondering what your opinions are!

IMHO MyFICO is the gold standard for what's really going on.  The only other thing I really like is experian.com.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.