Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Utilization

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Utilization

Is this hurting my scores = Higher % of balances lower scores. Having unused credit does not hurt or lower scores. 5% is low. But you will see as you lower the percentage the score should go up. and should I attempt to slowly increase my number of credit cards? I have just one now 5K limit. = Getting a new credit card to off set the percentage will drop your score for months. = Credit simulators show more than 1 credit card does help show more history "in the long run". However that inquiries will stay for 1-2 years and your score will drop hard in the first few months. After 6-12 months scores tend to go up by increasing from 1 card than having just 1 card. Don't get a new card to raise credit limits to offset debt to limit ratio. It takes months before new cards count as good points, however worth it in the long run, years later.... Is using 5% of an available 100K better than 5% of 15K? = 5% of $15k is the same 5% of $100k. Lower % of any limit is scored better.
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.