Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card to increase score???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card to increase score???

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh carp! Just noticed that something I had paid off (CO from a number of years ago) within the past 6 months is still showing a balance (along with an overdue amount) on EX but shows $0 balance on TU and EQ... Yet, the EX is the highest... WHY?

Just settle down. My wife and I have 6 Citi Cards between us, and we have NEVER gotten instant approval. I don't see why you wouldn't get the Citi card, but even if you don't, that's one inquiry. That isn't going to have much of an impact. Now, as to the department store card, why don't you try to get them to take it off? As a department store wanting to continue to sell you stuff, they have an interest in keeping you happy. As for that other thing, I don't know the way to approach it, but plenty of other people are going to have good ideas, just wait for an answer from someone who knows. But don't worry about the Citi not giving you instant approval, that happens a lot. Cross that bridge when you come to it. And if you do get a rejection, they'll tell you why, and that'll give you insight into steps you can take.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got one of those "You'll be notified by mail" and instead of waiting, proceeded to apply for others that I thought I had a chance of getting.  I got that FIRST card I applied for last week in the mail.  Because I have zero patience, I did shoot myself in the foot because I've gotten denied for everything and have 6 inq's on one report which has lowered my score.  Not getting an instant approval does not always mean that you are automatically denied.  If I had of just been patient and waited then I'd be in much better shape FICO-wise.  All I wanted was a single card and now to creditors it looks like I'm just randomly applying for as much credit as I can get all over the place which isn't good and is not the case!  Smiley Sad

Message Edited by HouseHunter on 04-28-2007 06:32 PM
Message 12 of 13
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh carp! Just noticed that something I had paid off (CO from a number of years ago) within the past 6 months is still showing a balance (along with an overdue amount) on EX but shows $0 balance on TU and EQ... Yet, the EX is the highest... WHY?

Just settle down. My wife and I have 6 Citi Cards between us, and we have NEVER gotten instant approval. I don't see why you wouldn't get the Citi card, but even if you don't, that's one inquiry. That isn't going to have much of an impact. Now, as to the department store card, why don't you try to get them to take it off? As a department store wanting to continue to sell you stuff, they have an interest in keeping you happy. As for that other thing, I don't know the way to approach it, but plenty of other people are going to have good ideas, just wait for an answer from someone who knows. But don't worry about the Citi not giving you instant approval, that happens a lot. Cross that bridge when you come to it. And if you do get a rejection, they'll tell you why, and that'll give you insight into steps you can take.

Same here. I never get instant approvals on Citi cards.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.