Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card

I'm trying to improve my very low score. I have one CC open account with a limit of $250 and a $0 balance. I have two student loans paid on time. I also had about 9 collection accounts which I just paid, 2 which agreed to deletion. The only other thing on my account is a CC that I'm AU on it is always paid on time but it is at about 4200 of a 4500 limit. Is it better to keep this account because of its good payment history or remove it because of its high debt.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit card

I'd take it off --the util must be killing you.

Have you pulled your FICO scores? If so, you can look on screen 2 at the lists of positives and negatives and see exactly what makes your score unhappy.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

will it automatically come off if he asks them to remove me?
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It should --as far as I know, all AU accounts cease reporting once you're removed except for American Express. They note that you're off the account, but they keep reporting it, and in my case, my daughter's FICO score is still being affected by an AU card that she's been off of for 7 months. Smiley Mad

It probably won't come off your reports until the next statement date on the card, so get removed as soon as you can, so that it can get taken off.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.