Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit.com FICO "Estimate" Accuracy

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Credit.com FICO "Estimate" Accuracy

For a while I'd been trying to register at Credit.com.  Finally it let me and I was given the standard FAKO but beneath it was a button to show FICO and Vantage Score estimates.  The Vantage differs +11 points above my CK Vantage but what really caught my eye was the FICO estimate: a 733.  In December Amex cited a TU 680 so it's quite surprising to see this at 733.  

So my question is, how close to any FICO is the estimate, and which variety of FICO (Beacon 5, 08, etc...) does it most closely match?  I realize it's an estimate which means FAKO but still curious.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
aerosarcasm

Re: Credit.com FICO "Estimate" Accuracy

FYI and this is just one snapshot... myFICO EQ pull last week was 727, credit.com today estimated FICO was 730. So it looks pretty good for me, but they have slightly different details from my credit report from myFICO, (e.g. 1 hard pull v 2, etc..)

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 727
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 5
kblatt
New Contributor

In my experience, the Credit.com estimate was nearly spot on with my EQ score.

Message 3 of 5
eviLution
Established Contributor

Since Credit.com gives you an Experian credit score, shouldn't the estimated FICO be Experian also?

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 4 of 5
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Speaking of credit.com, I recently signed up but it won't show me anything...anytime I go to the dashboard it says that I failed verification questions, even though I was never asked any.  I then click to answer a new set, put in my address, BD, and SSN, and it says they can't do anything right now.  Did anyone else experience this?  I saw the OP had mentioned that there were issues when signing up.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.