Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit karma: Accuracy of avg age

tag
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

Credit karma: Accuracy of avg age

All of a sudden credit karma is showing my credit score on both agencies they report as dropping over 50 points! The newest thing is it's now showing my avg age of accounts as less than 6 months! i am sure it's an error since nothing has left my reports and my avg age last month was like 12 years!
I guess I have 2 questions about this:
Is it common for credit karma to have in accurate info on account age? When I look at my credit report it shows the correct ages for all my accounts.
I was going to give it a week and look again to see if it's fixed but assuming it's not and there is something wrong how do you dispute account age?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit karma: Accuracy of avg age

@ttleigh wrote:
All of a sudden credit karma is showing my credit score on both agencies they report as dropping over 50 points! The newest thing is it's now showing my avg age of accounts as less than 6 months! i am sure it's an error since nothing has left my reports and my avg age last month was like 12 years!
Is it common for credit karma to have in accurate info on account age? When I look at my credit report it shows the correct ages for all my accounts.
I was going to give it a week and look again to see if it's fixed but assuming it's not and there is something wrong how do you dispute account age?

CK only takes in consideration the open accounts and ignores any closed accounts. So if you have closed accounts the AAoA will definitely not be correct on CK.  In my case it workes just fine again as the only closed account fell off my report a few days ago.

Message 2 of 5
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Don't worry about CK's scores! CK scores are FAKO and nobody in the lending business uses them.

CK uses only open accounts when calculating AAoA so CK's AAoA is usually wrong.

FICO uses both open and closed accounts when calculating AAoA.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can calculate your AAoA yourself using this tool:

http://aaoacalculator.tumblr.com/

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

@ttleigh wrote:

CK only takes in consideration the open accounts and ignores any closed accounts. So if you have closed accounts the AAoA will definitely not be correct on CK.  In my case it workes just fine again as the only closed account fell off my report a few days ago.

I agree to this...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.