Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit karma score all over the place

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit karma score all over the place

@Anonymous wrote:

hello all. been lurking a while but finally decided to jump in the pool. my first question is as follows. 

I've been recovering from damaged credit stemming from irresponsible choices in college and no job right after. 

its been seven years and everything is slowiy falling of my credit report.

last month Dec Credit Karma was reporting my score at 598 (I know) after finishing my loan rehabilitations and opeining up a few busines credit cards. my score according to CK jumped to 644 in January imagine my surprise. i logged on to transunion who CK uses for scoring and they had me a little higher at 650 and my experian was 655. i was exstatic. now at the end of the month i check my CK score again and its down to 614. what gives?

my online scores are the same. its just CK thats different. alot different.

For the OP you credit karma score may have dropped due to the change in their scoring model. They just changed over from TU new account risk score to Vantage score 3.0. The score is not what is important about credit karma. The data that you can get showing what is going on with your accounts is what makes CK awesome. As long as you are doing the right things and everything is reporting correctly your scores will go up. If you need the real numbers, buy the monitoring here for a few months. If not, use CK for monitoring and trust that as long as the data keeps looking better the scores (real ones) are going up.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the help. Didn't mean to start a heated debate. I'm glad we have tools like CK and myfico to help us in our credit Dependant world. I just wish things were a little more consistentbetween all the tools a credit beuros and not like some deep dark magic that only the chosen understand. Thanks again
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The key is to become one of chosen ones Smiley Wink And without a doubt there is not a better place to learn than here. Every time i log in i learn something. 

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly NONE of the scoring models mean a thing if the lender you are trying to get to lend to don't use the model. So if you are trying to obtain a credit card this is the place you need to get your scores because MOST credit card lenders use FICO 08, if you are trying to obtain a mortgage well thats a little harder because EQ is the only company who sell that model to consumers, some credit unions offer that model to its members but you can't TU or EX mortgage scores. I was told some auto lenders use Vantage, or they got their own model.. So again the Scores are useless unless the lender use them. I say pay your bill on time and do all the right things and just watch your credit activty not the scores if you are not trying to obtain credit.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

not fake .. FAKO lol

Message 15 of 19
newstart2010
Blogger

My FICO (FICO04) pulled from Equifax - 752

Equifax FAKO pulled from credit karma - 637

i would be so sad if I thought that was a real score.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 16 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@newstart2010 wrote:

My FICO (FICO04) pulled from Equifax - 752

Equifax FAKO pulled from credit karma - 637

i would be so sad if I thought that was a real score.

MyFICO is actually FICO 8.

Not sure what's up with your VS 3.0 honestly, starting to wonder if there's a software bug in there somewhere unless you have a very thin file?  I'm not familiar with your report TBH, but my own VS is astonishingly forgiving of my file (which is pretty diversified and thick at this point but with a bunch of paid derogatories) and is way higher than any of my FICO's. 

        
Message 17 of 19
newstart2010
Blogger

i meant my fico04 not myfico.  its the fico i pull from equifax score power.  i am not allowed to get equifax from myfico for some reason.  my TU on myfico is 716 and on credit karma is 642.  

Honestly the thing I can see that might be scoring badly is the inquiries.  I have a huge number of inquiries.  17 on transunion and 19 on equifax.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 18 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@newstart2010 wrote:

i meant my fico04 not myfico.  its the fico i pull from equifax score power.  i am not allowed to get equifax from myfico for some reason.  my TU on myfico is 716 and on credit karma is 642.  

Honestly the thing I can see that might be scoring badly is the inquiries.  I have a huge number of inquiries.  17 on transunion and 19 on equifax.

They may weight that differently, my file sucks but I have a low inquiry count (comparitively) and VS clearly likes me better than FICO does though that's also in part (I think) that paid tax liens may not be counted.

        
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.