Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit karma score all over the place

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit karma score all over the place

hello all. been lurking a while but finally decided to jump in the pool. my first question is as follows. 

I've been recovering from damaged credit stemming from irresponsible choices in college and no job right after. 

its been seven years and everything is slowiy falling of my credit report.

last month Dec Credit Karma was reporting my score at 598 (I know) after finishing my loan rehabilitations and opeining up a few busines credit cards. my score according to CK jumped to 644 in January imagine my surprise. i logged on to transunion who CK uses for scoring and they had me a little higher at 650 and my experian was 655. i was exstatic. now at the end of the month i check my CK score again and its down to 614. what gives?

my online scores are the same. its just CK thats different. alot different.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit karma score all over the place

i think i figured it out. CK reports the Transunion New account score. and online Transunion is showing me their vantage score. 

but still why the drop in my New account score? coud it be because my business credit card line was increased from 1000 to 4000 recently?

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your Transunion score from Transunion a real Fico score? The score from CK is a Fako.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is your Transunion score from Transunion a real Fico score? The score from CK is a Fako.

I think it should be posted everywhere on these forums that CK scores are fake. It's astonishing the amount of people that ask about it

Message 4 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it should be posted everywhere on these forums that CK scores are fake. It's astonishing the amount of people that ask about it

I think the number of CK users dwarves the users of myFICO and similar places.  CK is the score known by most people, even my incredibly financially savvy friend thinks it's a legit indicator for FICO as it matched his lender score coincidently =/.

        
Message 5 of 19
tufa4311
Established Contributor

My new FAKO's on CK are pretty close to myFiCO pull yesterday:

EQ 08: 725 (CK: 730)

TU 08: 755 (CK: 751)

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine:

EQ 08: 683 (CK: 703)

TU 08: 696 (CK: 754)

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The new Vantage 3.0 scores are closer to my true FICOs then CK's old system...but that doesn't make the false numbers any more valuable

Message 8 of 19
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The new Vantage 3.0 scores are closer to my true FICOs then CK's old system...but that doesn't make the false numbers any more valuable

They're not "false" - they're a real, on-the-market model that some real banks are already using. Pepsi isn't "false" Coca-cola - it's a different product. Same thing.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nyancat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They're not "false" - they're a real, on-the-market model that some real banks are already using. Pepsi isn't "false" Coca-cola - it's a different product. Same thing.

What I meant was, CK's TU score is not my actual TU score and that goes for a countless amount of others as well. So since that score doesn't mean anything...it coule say 800 or 450, I would still pay no mind to it

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.