Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit karma vs fico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit karma vs fico

Hello,
My apologies if this has already been asked but, I didn’t see it.
I am a college freshman looking to begin building my credit. I recently saw my credit karma score but I have been told numerous times that it isn’t completely accurate. Also I was told that my credit score was different from my FICO score. Could someone explain to me how they’re different & also where could I pull a free copy of my FICO score from if there are any places I can receive it from? If you got it from this website which option did you choose?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit karma vs fico

It's not that the scores Credit Karma gives you aren't accurate, they are just based on a different scoring model (VantageScore 3.0 aka FAKO). Very few lenders if any use these VantageScores in their lending decisions.

You can get your 3 buraeu FICO 8 scores from Credit Check Total for a $1 trial registration; but make sure to cancel your membership within a week prior to the end of the trial period. You can also get your monthly EX FICO 8 for free from Discover even if you don't have any credit account with them (they give you TU FICO 8 if you have a credit product with them).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.