Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit limits

OKAY, I have 2 Chase cards with a credit limit of $12,000. My CU on all of my accounts is less than 10% but Chase does not report my credit limits. So the CRA's show my CU to be too high. Do I close my Chase accounts and find other CCs that actually report credit limits? Running up my Chase cards to show my credit limit is not practical.

Message Edited by jred on 04-24-2007 02:01 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit limits

Call Chase, explain the problem, and ask them to report the CLs.

I had to do this also.  Can you believe I had to explain to the CSR why this was an issue.  Then they sent me a letter saying they had reported to the credit bureaus that I was in good standing and had a zero balance.  I had to call again, find a manager, explain again.  But I also managed to get the annual fee dropped, the APR lowered, and get switched to a better rewards card.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

you dont want to close an account but you can open another account with card co that do show cedit limets. i would try to talk to chase 1st though
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I got Chase to report my actual credit limits on my cards and my Equifax Fico went up 27 points over night. I am now at 718!! Check your reports and if your CC's aren't reporting your limits make them! I found that telling them "I know where you live and I've seen where you sleep" works real well. Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome! You really can't make them... just ask nicely. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.