Valued Member
Jack_Sparrow

Credit lines vs income

I can never find info on this topic so I have to ask. Is it bad to have more of a credit line than your annual income? Is there a certain percent of your income you should have as a CL? Just wonderi.ng for future reference
Senior Contributor
smallfry

Re: Credit lines vs income

Some people have 8-10 times their annual income. Sick huh? If you can get your available credit up to 1-1 that's pretty good I would think.
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Re: Credit lines vs income

Jack_Sparrow wrote:
I can never find info on this topic so I have to ask. Is it bad to have more of a credit line than your annual income? Is there a certain percent of your income you should have as a CL? Just wonderi.ng for future reference

Not sure about that.  Some companies will issue you new credit simply based on your credit score and the amount of your exisitng lines.  I have filled out apps that didn't even ask for income though I though it strange.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}