Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit mixing with FICO vs FAKO

tag
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Credit mixing with FICO vs FAKO

I have a mortgage loan that only says installment on the report.......in other words I'm not getting credit for it being a mortgage. Now my understanding was that a mortgage helps the score in credit mixing......so am I losing points by the loan only reporting as a regular installment......???

On all 3 bureau FAKO scoring, I recieve anywhere from 30-50 points if that same installment is reported as a mortgage. (how I know....I disputed one month with all 3 just to see). But does FICO reward in this same way???......

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit mixing with FICO vs FAKO

Are you saying that it reported as a mortgage due to the dispute? If so, is it reporting as a mortgage now or did it revert back? If the 30-50 resulted from a dispute, know that some FAKOs completely ignore accounts during a dispute, and this isn't so with FICO.

IME, I had some CMSs report my mortgage as an installment. I let my subscriptions lapse so I couldn't tell you which services I used. Before worrying about it, definitely look in your FICO report(s) to see how FICO sees it. It would show as a little house icon next to the account. But I had some services misreport even though it was internally coded as a mortgage.

Per the 30-50 points, that definitely isn't so with FICO scoring. Many in here hit well into the 800s without a mortgage reporting so 30-50 would be impossible. I personally lost points when my mortgage reported (due to the new ding) but some reported single-digit bumps when theirs was added. As always, YMMV.

Message 2 of 3
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit mixing with FICO vs FAKO

Yes, after the dispute, the status changed over to mortgage, and I kept those higher scores for a month and a half until the bank reported the next month's new balance (which made it revert back to its old status).  Once it reverted back, I lost those points. I pull my reports everyday (because I am a member of all 3 sites). My score didn't go up because of the drops out for a dispute, as I monitored this carefully. Nothing dropped off my report, I won the dispute within 2 days, and the one little change in "account type" sent my score up 30-50 points (Experian gave me 30, Transunion gave me 50). So I know for a fact that FAKO rewards highly for mortgage in credit mix. However, I don't want to dispute it every month after the new update comes in on it. I'm having a big hassle with my local bank on them reporting the installment as a mortgage, but they have gotten nothing accomplish over the last 4 months. They claim that they don't know how to apply a "mortgage code" to the loan.

So my concern right now is that if it doesn't really matter that it says mortgage for "FICO" credit mixing, then I'll just stop worrying about it and let it report as a regular installment. Cause I do understand that FAKO scores mean absolutely nothing, so all I want to know is if FICO rewards mortgage into credit mix.

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.