Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit pulls

tag
sok454
Established Member

Credit pulls

I have about 2-3 credit pulls from 2 years ago that will be falling off in the next 2 months.  Will this have much of an impact on my score?  All of them are related to mortgages but were done at different times (about a month apart) .  ALso I am trying to pay off a collection account.  Will I see any improvement due to it being paid?  Or only if I get them to remove it after its paid?

Starting Score: 596
Current Score: 646
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit pulls

Your FICO will not change due to those inquiries falling off. FICO stops scoring them after 12 months. FICO also ignore duplicate inquiries each for SLs, auto, and mortgage pulls. YMMV on the FICO version looked at, but chances are FICO ignored all but one up to a year from that pull.

If the collection is a non-CC CO or a CA, paying it won't help or hurt your FICO. If it's a CC CO, then paying it could help if it factored into util and the payoff helped your overall util. The full impact of the baddie itself will be fully felt paid or not, but most see significant increases once baddies like these are removed.

Message 2 of 8
sok454
Established Member

Thank you.  iTs a medical bill that I didn't realize I had from a surgery in 09.  Didn't show up until dec '11 and I only saw it because I checked in the summer of '12.

Message 3 of 8
p-
Valued Contributor

@sok454 wrote:

Thank you.  iTs a medical bill that I didn't realize I had from a surgery in 09.  Didn't show up until dec '11 and I only saw it because I checked in the summer of '12.

I would at least try for a PFD with the CA, or if you want to go farther get into the HIPAA process.

Message 4 of 8
sok454
Established Member

Actually I got a response from them on the PFD I emailed the lady (small CA outfit) and she agreed to have it removed if I pay in full.  Boo ya.

Message 5 of 8
p-
Valued Contributor

@sok454 wrote:

Actually I got a response from them on the PFD I emailed the lady (small CA outfit) and she agreed to have it removed if I pay in full.  Boo ya.

Message 6 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice.  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 8
rkp25
Valued Member

I just paid 4 medical collections that were on my report and they all agreed to delete.  i'm very anxious to know how much of an increase i can expect if they are completely removed?  i'm going to apply for a mortgage soon and just waiting patiently to see what happends to my score...it's currently at 655 and 649.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.