Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit questions ?

tag
wayne6372
Valued Member

Credit questions ?

I know for a fact some of these inquiries were not autorized but they are also old inquiries from time . Transunion nor experian will dispute these inquiries as i have asked> i have also sent letters o the creditors, but no response well over 30 days. capital one was very complient gave them my info and the research showed no records on there files.They are now sending letters to the bureas as well as me to remove these 2 inquiries.Direct tv shows a autorized inquiry and keeps giving me the number to equifax, when this inquiry shows on my experian report.Will having some of these inquiries removed from my reports help my scores go up soon.? also had a judgement remove from 2 agencies and a collection account remove from the big 3. Will this help as well?

I have also noted that equifax will let you dispute inquiries online and have had some sucess in a short period of time which is 2 today. April 16,2009 requested investigation of 11 inquiries and and on April 18, 2009

received notification that these 11 inquiries were deleted.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit questions ?

Thanks for posting over here....

First off, per FICO scoring, all inquiries older than 12 months old are not factored into scoring at all. So, if anything is older than 1 yr, don't even bother; they aren't hurting.

If younger than 1 yr., and you don't recognize and inquiry, for example, there's one for Amex and you are 100% certain you didn't app for Amex and/or you see info in the demographics section of your CRs that doesn't belong to you (like a strange name, address, etc.) then you'd want to place a fraud alert, get a police report, and use that to remove the stuff that isn't yours.

If younger and there's inquiries you didn't authorize and certainly isn't related to ID theft (like your DirectTV), then instead of disputing, send them a non-PP letter (search that term in the box above). Be sure that you made it clear at app time that you didn't want an inquiry. Some companies like DirectTV will tell you that you won't have an inquiry but place one anyway.

Inquiry damage is overrated. Unless your FICO scores are well into the 700s and beyond, you won't see any improvement if removed.

You could see a bump with the removal of a CA and PR.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.