Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score bump at 3 months?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit score bump at 3 months?

Playing around with the simulator it seems like there's an improvement in score at the 3/6/9 month etc. marks for on-time payments. This month will mark 3 months of history on the only two CC I have. Is it likely I will actually see a bump, or are the simulators misleading me. If so does anyone know how much it might be (I know, I know it varies so much depending on credit history), the simulators are indicating it will be between 5-30 points (5 point increase for my lowest, 30 for my highest). 

Also, if my new statement cuts on the 11th, my February payment was due on the 8th, does anyone know when that payment history gets updated on my credit report?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit score bump at 3 months?

@Anonymous wrote:

Playing around with the simulator it seems like there's an improvement in score at the 3/6/9 month etc. marks for on-time payments. This month will mark 3 months of history on the only two CC I have. Is it likely I will actually see a bump, or are the simulators misleading me. If so does anyone know how much it might be (I know, I know it varies so much depending on credit history), the simulators are indicating it will be between 5-30 points (5 point increase for my lowest, 30 for my highest). 

Also, if my new statement cuts on the 11th, my February payment was due on the 8th, does anyone know when that payment history gets updated on my credit report?

Thanks!

Creditors usually report the statement balance within a few days of the statement, allow up to 2 weeks after that for all the CRAs to update.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What simulator are you using? I am looking for a good one

Message 3 of 5
Peter1142
Established Contributor

You will see many bumps as you build up your first year of credit.

Message 4 of 5
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What simulator are you using? I am looking for a good one

Whenever you buy a credit score/report or subscribe for a product at myFICO, you get access to the simulator (for that product) for 30 days.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.