Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score drop

tag
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit score drop

From what I have read on these boards, the score given here after the update is not one used for mortgage scoring, but rather one that's more likely to be used by CC companies. Speculating that if the cc portion of your report is less "strong", that might account for the drop. Conventional wisdom here says have 3-4 cards, all with zero balance except one with 1-9% reporting. However, the lender will still use their preferred FICO version. This score update here has no direct bearing on what the lender pulls. I don't know if the old version matched what lenders pull, it may not have.

I would still order printed/mailed copies of each credit report via phone for each bureau and go over them to see what might be a problem for lenders. The security questions are often "wrong" for me as well, I just select "does not apply" and have no problems accessing my report. If you are selecting this answer for the questions and its still locking you out, its even more reason to order those reports. 

Good luck!

Good luck!

CARDS: CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 10K | NORDSTROM STORE CARD 2K
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.