Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score from EQ

tag
jimblack
Established Member

Credit score from EQ

Just purchased the Equifax Gold 3n1 from Equifax site.  Are those FAKO?  Why would equifax use a FAKO score from their own site?  I realize experian is FAKO

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit score from EQ

@jimblack wrote:

Just purchased the Equifax Gold 3n1 from Equifax site.  Are those FAKO?  Why would equifax use a FAKO score from their own site?  I realize experian is FAKO

Unfortunately they are all FAKO's. As far as I know there is NO 3 in 1 monitoring service that offers FICO scores.

Why would EQ do such a thing? To market their own "scores" and to make money. Anytime someone has a doubt about whether a score is FICO or not if you can't see the FICO trademark anywhere you are not getting the real thing.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

You can also purchase your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com. At www.equifax.com EQ will still sell you an EQ FICO score but it's not easy to find.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.