Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score in coorelation with negative history & credit app

tag
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

Credit score in coorelation with negative history & credit app

Hello all -

Here is my dilemma - I have a bankruptcy from 2004, but I was fortunate enough to show responsible use since then, and a score of 687 EQ last month. But how deceiving is that really? I am being grouped with people with charge offs/bankruptcies so in relation I am doing well.

But when I apply for credit, am I getting the benefit of a 687 score less than 10% current utilization, or once my bankruptcy is noted then I am looked upon in a whole different light

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit score in coorelation with negative history & credit app

The BK will be noted but you also have has 4 years of good credit. Mostly it will be your score I think. 660 is the borderline to sub-prime and you are higher than that. You should not be denied credit based on that score but will end up paying higher rates.
Message 2 of 3
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit score in coorelation with negative history & credit app

Thanks alot for your insight

good to know that hard work may not go un noticed as I play the 10 year waiting game Smiley Happy

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.