Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit scores from different providers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit scores from different providers

Hello,

My current FICO is 665, but I pulled a 3-in-1 report the other day and I got scores all over the place.  From the 3-in-1: Eq 601, TU 701, EX, 690.  Any ideas why the hundred point difference?  Most of the information was identical in all three.

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit scores from different providers

I would definitely look the EQ, because something on that CR is bring your score down.

Check for something on EQ, that is not on the other 2 CR's.

Let us know what you find.Smiley Wink 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

cw1302 wrote:

Hello,

My current FICO is 665, but I pulled a 3-in-1 report the other day and I got scores all over the place.  From the 3-in-1: Eq 601, TU 701, EX, 690.  Any ideas why the hundred point difference?  Most of the information was identical in all three.

Thanks! 

Also to add, those three scores, 601, 701, & 690, are not FICO scores and you'd be comparing apples to oranges. The only place you can get your Equifax FICO score is from Equifax.com, your lender or myFICO. You can get your TransUnion FICO from transunioncs.com (note the -cs), your lender or from myFICO.com. Finally, as of last year, it is impossible for consumers to pull their own Experian FICO score. So, if the 3 scores came from the same place (e.g. TrueCredit, Creditchecktotal, and many other places), then all 3 would be FAKO scores and not FICOs.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  I bought the TU score and it wasn't any where near the 701 FAKO, more like 631.  Well at least it gives me a goal Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I remember back when I had TC and I could still pull all three FICO's that the TC EQ was usually waaaay lower than the others and the TC TU was suspiciously high.

That's one of the things to keep in mind about FAKO's: not only do they not match FICO's, but often one will be much higher and at the same time another much lower. There's just no consistency, as in FAKO plus 40 points or minus 10 points equals FICO.

marty56 had the best conversion formula: FAKO + $15 = FICO. ($15 for the FICO score pull)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
marty56 had the best conversion formula: FAKO + $15 = FICO. ($15 for the FICO score pull)

Beautiful - love it!

Message 6 of 8
GregB
Valued Contributor

An update on Truecredit.com:

They have switched their scoring to a different FAKO scale so now have even less similarity to a real FICO. The scale tops out at 1000.

My real TU FICO is 705. My Truecredit "score" is 797.

What a joke........

FAKO plus $15 DOES equal a FICO.............

Message 7 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

@GregB wrote:

An update on Truecredit.com:

They have switched their scoring to a different FAKO scale so now have even less similarity to a real FICO. The scale tops out at 1000.

My real TU FICO is 705. My Truecredit "score" is 797.

What a joke........

FAKO plus $15 DOES equal a FICO.............

i didn't realize that.  that's really weird but interesting.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.