Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit scores reporting 60 point difference

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit scores reporting 60 point difference

I am new to monitoring my credit score. I just pulled my two reports and Experian is reporting a 624 and Transunion is reporting a 685. Does anyone know why they are reporting so far off from each other. I looked at both reports and all the items are matching up. What can I do to get the experian to report a better score???

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: Credit scores reporting 60 point difference

Welcome to the forums!

It is not uncommon for your credit scores to be different by that range.  Chances are your reports aren't exactly identical, and even if they were, the scores would probably still be different, as each credit bureau has a unique FICO scoring algorithm.  Where did you get your Experian score?  Experian scores are no longer sold to the public, did you mean Equifax?  Regardless, I would double check those reports to make sure nothing is different.  Also, have you pulled your free annual credit reports for this year?  You should read the following threads for more information on credit and the forums. 

Credit Scoring 101 

Common Abbreviations

Where Do I Start?

State Resources

Message 2 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Sounds like the scores you pulled are not FICO's therefore are not relevant. I would get your free reports from each CRA and compare them. Accounts dates opened check for errors missing accounts yada yada. You can get your EQ and TU scores from this site. Use discount codes and save some money. Make sure you save any reports you get whether hard copies through the mail or online.
Message 3 of 4
FicoPower
Regular Contributor

Yeah mine is the same way, but EQ reports differently. For example, in TU if you have a collection, it just shows it as that, whereas EQ has 30+ days due for all collection accounts, plus the collection and shows all inquiries.  The funny thing is that it seems all lenders use EQ instead of the nice looking TU score Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.