cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditKarma home and auto insurance scores?

tag
gh17
Frequent Contributor

CreditKarma home and auto insurance scores?

Probably not the best place to ask this but wasn't sure where to post.

Anyone have any idea what CreditKarma is considering in its home and auto insurance scores?  I understand that the scores are fairly meaningless, but I do like to use CreditKarma for general monitoring.  These scores seem to almost go exactly opposite of my regular CreditKarma score.  While my CreditKarma Transunion score is Excellent, my CreditKarma home and auto insurance scores are both Very Poor.  The higher my regular score goes, the lower my auto and home insurance scores go.  Is it super inquiry and new account sensitive?  Does it mean anything at all?  It was highest in late 2012.  Then it seems to have plummeted in December 2012.  The only thing I can think of in late 2012 on my credit profile would be that I opened the last of my student loans.  Then ever since 2012 it's just continued to go down, although granted I had a few inquiries in 2013/2014.

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: CreditKarma home and auto insurance scores?

They are worthless but somehow I am in the top 95% of both of them lol.
Message 2 of 4
maceto
Contributor

Bump- same issue as OP
Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

There's no correlation between the junk CK scores and anything FICO for what that's worth (other than maybe the VS 2.0 they offer).

From the TU informational PDF they publish:

TransUnion
Insurance Risk
Score–Auto Model
Predicts the potential
loss ratio for a given
consumer seeking an
auto insurance policy

TransUnion
Insurance Risk
Score–Property
Model
Predicts the potential
loss ratio for a given
consumer seeking a
property insurance
policy

Probably if you live in California earthquake country, or in Tornado alley, or in hurricane Gulf States, the property model would be higher... also if there's a high incidence of vandalism or whatever in your zip code too would be my guess, or if the neighborhood is in a state of disrepair vs. immaculately maintained.

That's all just SWAG, I ignore them as useless.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.