cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditscorecard.com - FICO or FAKO (EX)?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creditscorecard.com - FICO or FAKO (EX)?

Matches up with my EX account. Legit. 

Message 11 of 19
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Aahz wrote:

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

P.S.  Does the new EX offering by Discover suggest a potential relationship between AMEX and Discover? 

Why would you think that? Are Experian and AMEX related businesswise? 

Previously AMEX was rumored to be "on the block" with Wells Fargo as a potential suitor. If so, why not Discover as opposed to Wells Fargo?

There is no inter-related business between AMEX and Experian that I am aware of - just AMEX securing EX data to generate a Fico 08 score. So, if a relationship were to develop between Discover and AMEX, an offshoot could be Discover having low cost access to EX data.

Just a wild idea that came to mind, nothing more. Smiley Happy

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

signed up and it's legit!

here's a tip for people who's wanting to sign up. sign up on the day/date you want your monthly score to update. when i signed up (today, 5/21), i saw this:

"This is your Credit Scorecard as of 05/21/2016. Come back after 30 days to refresh it."

so you might wanna time it in relation to your other (EX) score/s. 

Message 13 of 19
Powertripper
Valued Member

Good point incubus24...work the timing in/around your Chase and Amex Fico dates.

Maybe actual Discover account holders will still have access to the TU FICO 08 as well? I still have access, but score has not been refreshed since last month, and it seems a week behind schedule....so doubtful.

Message 14 of 19
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I wish I would have timed mine to a different date but overall I'm happy to be able to get the score.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 15 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@Aahz wrote:

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

P.S.  Does the new EX offering by Discover suggest a potential relationship between AMEX and Discover? 

Why would you think that? Are Experian and AMEX related businesswise? 

Previously AMEX was rumored to be "on the block" with Wells Fargo as a potential suitor. If so, why not Discover as opposed to Wells Fargo?

There is no inter-related business between AMEX and Experian that I am aware of - just AMEX securing EX data to generate a Fico 08 score. So, if a relationship were to develop between Discover and AMEX, an offshoot could be Discover having low cost access to EX data.

Just a wild idea that came to mind, nothing more. Smiley Happy

Discover already has a transaction network; and they're doing just fine with new customer acquisition right now compared to Amex as I understand it.  Not certain where the real benefit is for them... Wells could use Amex because their CC portfolio has always been simply awful but they haven't cared much as they focused on the mortgage side of the house to nearly the exclusion of all else apparently.

@masscredit: excellent find on this!  

I did note that it's only summary data, if I had to guess they're doing this based on one of the promotional query types rather than the full monty pull.  Should be cheaper but I wouldn't think free... they did have the usual Google advertising links on their site (or at least my filter caught them) so they may be trying to recoup some that way.  Interesting service offering to be sure!

Now I need to spread out the dates between the Amex statement FICO and this one heh.

        
Message 16 of 19
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Signed up.. Its legit... I vaguely remember i think it was CRPB and some group for responsible lending were discussing pushing the industry to provide real scores and try to get the cc companies and banks to better educate the public at large on the use of credit.. and this may have been Discover's contribution to it....

Give it a go if you need a monthly real Fico score... =)

http://creditscorecard.com/ 

=)

-J

Datapoint: Discover Scorecard seems to be from EX

Discover FICO for Discover Cardholders seems to be TU (on my account page)

Message 17 of 19
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice that there is free access to it for a change.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 18 of 19
coconutcredit
Established Member

Oh my! I'm excited to try this! However could they be "phishing" for our info? I suppose it's worth a look!
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.