cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious about transition...EQ04 --> EQ08...what to expect?

tag
toi34
Established Contributor

Curious about transition...EQ04 --> EQ08...what to expect?

I keep reading about a transition from one version to another. What can we novices expect...what's the primary difference(s)?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Tsuyoi
Valued Member

Re: Curious about transition...EQ04 --> EQ08...what to expect?

Is there any way to tell when/whether my SW has been migrated to EQ08?  I opened the subscription on March 8th, so I don't think it was EQ08 from the start as the sticky said all new accounts from March 16th.  Will we be notified in any way when our specific subscription is affected?

Current Utilization: 0% / ~$50,000 AAoA: 7-8 Years Installment: ~$50,000 Student Loans / ~$2,000 Car Loan
Current Scores:
   TU08 - 812 (8/5 BarclaysCard)
   EQ08 - 843 (7/28 Citi - Bankcard/900)
Goal: Buying our first home!
Message 2 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Tsuyoi wrote:

Is there any way to tell when/whether my SW has been migrated to EQ08?  I opened the subscription on March 8th, so I don't think it was EQ08 from the start as the sticky said all new accounts from March 16th.  Will we be notified in any way when our specific subscription is affected?

To my knowledge no; if you see an abrupt change without any corresponding change in data (large balance change affecting your utilization numbers or what not) then you likely were transferred.

In my case my '04 score is similar to where my '08 scores are until the IRS processes my lien withdrawal form (finally got off my ass and sent it in) so I'm not likely to really notice unfortunately but I don't think I've been migrated yet.

        
Message 3 of 9
Tsuyoi
Valued Member

@Revelate wrote:

@Tsuyoi wrote:

To my knowledge no; if you see an abrupt change without any corresponding change in data (large balance change affecting your utilization numbers or what not) then you likely were transferred.

In my case my '04 score is similar to where my '08 scores are until the IRS processes my lien withdrawal form (finally got off my ass and sent it in) so I'm not likely to really notice unfortunately but I don't think I've been migrated yet.

Sad, but I kind of expected that would be the case.  Followup question: Will all historical score alerts be migrated to the new scoring system as well, or simply any future scores?

Current Utilization: 0% / ~$50,000 AAoA: 7-8 Years Installment: ~$50,000 Student Loans / ~$2,000 Car Loan
Current Scores:
   TU08 - 812 (8/5 BarclaysCard)
   EQ08 - 843 (7/28 Citi - Bankcard/900)
Goal: Buying our first home!
Message 4 of 9
user5387
Valued Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

I keep reading about a transition from one version to another. What can we novices expect...what's the primary difference(s)?

This document describes the differences.

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/questions/fico8.aspx

Message 5 of 9
notfancy
Valued Contributor

When ever they do get to this, it will be nice, as long as more lenders are also using the same scores. The TU score on this site is completely unhelpful since they use such an old model.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 6 of 9
blondy250
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Tsuyoi wrote:

My fico 04 is about 25 points different from my 08, pulled days apart.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 7 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@blondy250 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Tsuyoi wrote:

My fico 04 is about 25 points different from my 08, pulled days apart.

Yeah, prior to the IRS filing a lien (on something I'd already paid in full two weeks earlier, bureacracy at it's finest) my scores were 670 EQ Beacon 5, 713 TU '08, 718 EX '08; 40 and nearly 50 point difference respectively.  

It'll be interesting to see how both models react (I still have DCU for validation on EQ '04 at least) after the IRS processes the paperwork: I ticked over a couple boundaries and had a FICO '08 EX pull north of 700 which is a lot higher than when I pulled it after getting slapped initially... in my case the '08 models are FAR more forgiving for my older derogatories, even ones that are only 3 years old.  When I got the recent derog the scores wound up being nearly identical, but then started drifting apart again.  

The real funsy is my Beacon 5 is over where I got the lien added 5 months ago, going to be tickled pink if I break 700 on that score when the lien gets airstruck, too bad mortgage got delayed for other reasons.

        
Message 8 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Tsuyoi wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Tsuyoi wrote:

Sad, but I kind of expected that would be the case.  Followup question: Will all historical score alerts be migrated to the new scoring system as well, or simply any future scores?

Doubtful in the extreme ($$ to do so) and I don't think anyone's reported that to date.

        
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.