Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutting Util in Half While Avoiding CLD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cutting Util in Half While Avoiding CLD

SouthJamaica:

You are a supercontributor here and I -despite having been a lurker for over a decade haha - am, in fact, a newbie to posting, so I will respect your thoughts here, thank you for replying!   I will just say that I have read many posts here that would say otherwise - that creditors sometimes get spooked that your score dropped or that you have held a card at a high utilization for awhile, so they decide to cut their risk and cut your CL as your balance drops.  I know for a fact Fingerhut will do this, it's a dirty ploy they use to keep you buying -grrrrr.  Happened to my mother-in-law, actually.  It was a post in this forum about someone having this happen to him/her with her Discover acount, which is what set off my panic to begin with hahaha!  But looks like from what others are saying, I don't have too much to worry about Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony does?  Good to know.  As I mentioned to another member here, I do know Fingerhut does because they did it to my mother-in-law.  But you probably already had them in your list.  By the way, your 11 Rules - pure gold.  Seriously.  I have taken them to heart and will modify my habits accordingly.  There's no reason to waste $$ enriching lenders, so will be much more mindful of my score, etc.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are very right; other than a car note I have zero intention on taking out any other credit products for a good while.  My parents told me the other day they both have 840 scores (saw your scores in your siggy), I need to emulate them more I guess haha!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.