Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DELINQUENT ACCOUNTS REMOVEDjjdd

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DELINQUENT ACCOUNTS REMOVEDjjdd

I disputed a few delinquent accounts on my credit that were opened when I was out of country for a year so im very sure they will be removed but my question is if 3 delinquent accounts are removed how big of a difference with that even make?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DELINQUENT ACCOUNTS REMOVEDjjdd

How big of a difference? The answer is....it depends. It depends on what is being removed. How those were reported. How old they were and how recent and how severe the worst delinquency was at the time of the event. And what is remaining following the removal of these items. For example, if you have a collection that is 7 years old you won't see the same dramatic impact as if it were a collection being removed at one month. Or let's say it was a couple of years old. You wouldn't see much of a gain if you have 20 other negative accounts remaining. It's a YMMV. I've gained 100+ when my only collection was removed. Conversely, DW lost 30 when an older charge-off was removed because it was her oldest account.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.