Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD

I co-signed for a car loan back in 2000 (yes, the worst mistake i ever made). and the person who actually used the car (not me) was late in making a payment 14 times (all reported to the 3 CAs). anywho, the first delinquent payment was in january 2001 and the last delinquent payment was in august 2003. the account was closed in april 2005.
so my question is, when do these late payments fall off my credit report? is it based on the date of the FIRST late payment (2001) or the LAST late payment (2003)?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DOFD

Were these all 30 days late, or did they ever hit 60, 90 or 120?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

they were mostly 30 days late. there were 4 or 5 60 days late and 9 or 10 30 days late. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I assume the car was eventually paid off? Have you tried a GW letter?

Message Edited by Tuscani on 07-02-2007 07:02 PM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

yep, the car was paid off (by me, not the jerk that i co-signed for). it was actually a car lease, not loan, to be exact.
i did try a GW letter and just got a response today that they will not be removing any late payments from my CR.
all of these late payments are pretty old, and NONE of my accounts have any late payments on them ever. this is the only baddie i have.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could always try another GW letter. They might get sick of you and give it just to get rid of you. Smiley Very Happy

As for your question, the January 2001 late should drop in January 2008, and so on.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.