Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW tax lien removed....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DW tax lien removed....

@Anonymous wrote:
I think that the score haven't been trigger yet...So maybe wait and see...I read that removal of public records don't trigger score changes...

I assume you mean doesn't trigger an update from MyFico. If so, that is correct.

Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I'm just waiting for a trigger to update my score.

Message 12 of 41
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Changes to PR should trigger Fico update on 2 reports, could take a few days for it to catch up

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/kw/3-bureau%20monitoring/session/L3RpbWUvMTQxMjI5OTE5OC9zaWQvMWxBTVdVM20%3D

Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Changes to PR should trigger Fico update on 2 reports, could take a few days for it to catch up

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/kw/3-bureau%20monitoring/session/L3RpbWUvMTQxMjI5OTE5OC9zaWQvMWxBTVdVM20%3D

Interesting. The one report that doesn't trigger an update with a removal of a public record is TU. That might help explain this crap I've been dealing with.

Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the one that's the tax lien was removed from.. Transunion....
Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion score is 699
EX 715
EQ 714
Message 16 of 41
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

A deletion of a PR won't trigger any of the 3 bureau's monitoring in my experience with my tax liens.  Addition yes, change (lien satisfied) yes, removal no.  Actually I've never seen anything update with the deletion of items off my credit report: 2 tax liens and one collection and nothing hiccupped until I got a balance update or similar known trigger.  They are making changes though, got a TU alert of all things without any data associated with it.  Guessing it might've been the inquiry for my Sallie passing it's 1 year anniversary but it's hard to tell as my TU 8 has been flatlined at 705 for months, and suddenly popped to 706.  Whee!

If you have a dirty or mixed file (like mine) I hardly budged on the addition and removal of a tax lien.  5 points (literally, EQ 04) /yawn... though my FICO 8 scores did get slapped harder; however, by the time that lien was removed (8ish months afterwards), my FICO 8 scores didn't move much but they had mostly recovered.  I still have non-trivial derogs (collection, tax lien) and a few deliquencies on my credit report.  I lost far more from pristine installment loan changes (either some sort of balance calculation or auto loans are sexy for FICO 8) than I gained by a PR deletion... less than amused by that but not a lot I could do.

One does get much greater results if it's a final derogatory coming off; not certain how much others factor in.  I have some data points coming up in 2016/2017 on various things getting whacked, I'm not expecting much from my collection coming off in a little more than a year because I still have the tax lien and a 30/60 late on my reports; likewise not expecting much from the lates falling past DOFD as they weren't major and by that time they will be very old... but when my state tax lien comes off, wouldn't surprise me if I jump 80ish points on a FICO 8 and possibly even 50ish on FICO 04 scores.  It'll be a happy day in late 2017 when that occurs, that much I know regardless of where the rest of my life is at.

        
Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting. The one report that doesn't trigger an update with a removal of a public record is TU. That might help explain this crap I've been dealing with.

Wow....

Message 18 of 41
jamie123
Valued Contributor

It is the LAST MAJOR derogatory on the report that is worth the most points.

My DW had a CO drop off her reports that left her with a clean well aged file and her scores went up 80 points. She previously had a few other baddies fall off her report and they hardly moved the needle. Her scores bounced around from 705 to 720 but we couldn't get them higher. The CO dropped off and now she can get to 804 on a groomed report.

I'm in a similar boat. I have 1 unpaid State tax lien on each report and can't get my scores any higher than 705-714. I just know that having that 1 baddie on each report is costing me at least 50 points. I'll find out in a month or two because I'm currently working on having them removed.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 19 of 41
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jamie123 wrote:

It is the LAST MAJOR derogatory on the report that is worth the most points.

My DW had a CO drop off her reports that left her with a clean well aged file and her scores went up 80 points. She previously had a few other baddies fall off her report and they hardly moved the needle. Her scores bounced around from 705 to 720 but we couldn't get them higher. The CO dropped off and now she can get to 804 on a groomed report.

I'm in a similar boat. I have 1 unpaid State tax lien on each report and can't get my scores any higher than 705-714. I just know that having that 1 baddie on each report is costing me at least 50 points. I'll find out in a month or two because I'm currently working on having them removed.

Agreed on the last derog is the most important, but which scores are you tracking Jamie?  Also how old is the state tax lien?  Might be interesting to compare files at some point if you're game as your scores are supiciously like mine if we're talking FICO 8 and I have a couple more delinquencies and derogs than you do in addition to my own state tax lien which isn't going anywhere for another 2.5 years.

        
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.