Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data point, 90D late removal w+w/o other baddie:

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Data point, 90D late removal w+w/o other baddie:

@Anonymous wrote:

My very last baddie was a 90 day late. It stayed on EQ for the 7 years. When it dropped off I gained 42 points. So if anyone says a 90 late has a significant less impact after a few years is BS. 

It holds your scores down to the very end.

Were you monitoring your scores 5 years prior when the 90 day late hit 2 years?  If so, was it your only baddie at the time? 

I completely understand the 42 point gain when a final 90 day late comes off, I'm just curious what type of drop (if any) is achieved when it crosses a threshold prior, which many believe is 2 years.  Most of the people I post this type of question to on here weren't actively monitoring their scores at both the time of the baddie falling off and when it crossed the 2 year mark as these two events typically are 5 years apart.  I did start a thread a while back though trying to get this data from someone with say a 3 year old 90 day late (last baddie on report) that they had removed early so thus they'd have a 2 year and 3 year data point on the same late payment.

Message 11 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My very last baddie was a 90 day late. It stayed on EQ for the 7 years. When it dropped off I gained 42 points. So if anyone says a 90 late has a significant less impact after a few years is BS. 

It holds your scores down to the very end.

Were you monitoring your scores 5 years prior when the 90 day late hit 2 years?  If so, was it your only baddie at the time? 

I completely understand the 42 point gain when a final 90 day late comes off, I'm just curious what type of drop (if any) is achieved when it crosses a threshold prior, which many believe is 2 years.  Most of the people I post this type of question to on here weren't actively monitoring their scores at both the time of the baddie falling off and when it crossed the 2 year mark as these two events typically are 5 years apart.  I did start a thread a while back though trying to get this data from someone with say a 3 year old 90 day late (last baddie on report) that they had removed early so thus they'd have a 2 year and 3 year data point on the same late payment.

I think there's some dependency on file; i.e. I have a bunch of lates (2 x 30 and 1 x 60) from 2010, and on TU I took another 30 day, and when it aged over a year I got non-trivial point shift upward on FICO 8 and I'm back higher now than I was before and I haven't had any other significant shift in my credit file, some oddity around my tax lien going over 6 years potentially but that's not so clean.

If I didn't have those old lates, I don't know if I would've recovered, and it was certainly a big drop when it got tacked on there.

I will definitely be tracking via 1B reports on annual boundaries that 30 day late though as it ages once the rest of my file is clean by the end of this year, if the deliquent payment goes away in the reason codes, think we can safely assume it doesn't count past that age.  If it doesn't till 7 years have passed, then it's full monty.

Unfortunately that's the level of detail we need, fortunately at least for MF TU monitoring apparently we get updated reason codes on FICO shifts which is kinda awesome and wish I'd known that before.

        
Message 12 of 13
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Here is how much difference having 2 baddies or no baddies can make. I had a cap one account and a collection account from Portfolio Recovery. The first scores are with those 2 reporting, on 11/02/15 and the second set of scores is from 11/12/15 after they were removed. The only reason EX did not jump up as the other 2 is because i still had a 6 year old judgement reporting on EX. The other reports were spotless after the removals.

The main reason you get a huge jump when the last baddie is removed, is because you get rebucketed. You may have 5 points score jump when one of he last 2 baddies removed, but can jump as high as maybe 50 points or even more when the last one is removed because there is nothing holding your score back now. On the contraray, a short while after this happened, i managed to talk to EX for the judgement, and explained them the judgement was entered in to without my knowledge, and without a notice given to me for the court day, and that i still paid it off, and they were nice enough to grant me a really early EE, and the next day my score went down about 15 points where i was expecting a huge jump like EQ and TU. Go figure Smiley Happy

1102.GIF

1112.GIF

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.