Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date of Deletion with Different Credit Bureaus

tag
jropeter
New Contributor

Date of Deletion with Different Credit Bureaus

I have a question about Date of Deletion. I have a negative account getting ready to fall off my Experian credit report 11/2013. My first question is, will it drop off on November 1st, or should I try checking again in December (or what time in November should I check to see if it was deleted)? Second question is, can I dispute this account with Transunion and Equifax for the age of account since experian is deleting in November? Thanks for your help!
AmEx BCE 12k | Sams Club 10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 10k| Discover IT $9.2k I Citi Diamond Preferred 5.3k I Barclays Apple Financing 4.5k | Barclays Arrival 4k | Chase Freedon $3k I Amazon Storecard $2.5k | Paypal $1.6k | src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png" width="50" border="0" align="left">Starting Score: 520's
Current Score: FICO EX: 778(10/2014) FICO EQ: 785 (FICO 10/2014) FICO TU: 789 (Discover Monthly FICO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Date of Deletion with Different Credit Bureaus

The derog is scheduled to fall off by next month but can fall off a nytime prior to Nov. as far as disputing it with other CBs, each CB has their own policy/records and would adhere to them. They do not cross reference deletion dates.

However, if the actual date of delinquency is incorrect- it can be disputed. Since, it should be falling off soon, personally I would leave it alone.
Message 2 of 12
jropeter
New Contributor

Great! Thank you so much for your help Smiley Happy

AmEx BCE 12k | Sams Club 10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 10k| Discover IT $9.2k I Citi Diamond Preferred 5.3k I Barclays Apple Financing 4.5k | Barclays Arrival 4k | Chase Freedon $3k I Amazon Storecard $2.5k | Paypal $1.6k | src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png" width="50" border="0" align="left">Starting Score: 520's
Current Score: FICO EX: 778(10/2014) FICO EQ: 785 (FICO 10/2014) FICO TU: 789 (Discover Monthly FICO)

Message 3 of 12
jropeter
New Contributor

So is there a specific time this month I should order another copy of my credit report to see if the baddie dropped off?

Message 4 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would wait until the first week of Dec.  They have until the end of Nov to remove it.

ETA:  EX and TU have estimated dates of removal.  These are based on information from the OCs and can change if the CRAs calculated incorrectly.

Message 5 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When you say the "account will be deleted", are you referring to an OC account, or a collection?  Big difference....

If an OC account, the account itself is not deleted based on expiration of any credit report exclusion period.

What becomes excluded are any adverse items of information that have been reported on the account.

If the OC reported a charge-off or collection referral, they would become excluded no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the reported DOFD.

The account itself would remain in your CR unless the OC specifically reports its entire deletion, and thus still be scored based upon whatever reporting remains.

If a collection, it is a bit different.  A collection is not an account with the consumer, but rather an adverse item of information in and of itself.

It thus becomes excluded from any subsequent credit report, in its entirety, no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the reported DOFD.

Thus, one reviewing your CR would not become aware of an upaid collection as an indication of potential unpaid, delinquent debt.

Message 6 of 12
jropeter
New Contributor

This account was a charge-off account. The last time I checked my EX report, it said the DOFD was 11/2013.

Message 7 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@jropeter wrote:

This account was a charge-off account. The last time I checked my EX report, it said the DOFD was 11/2013.

That date can't be correct.  It is just now Nov 2013.

Message 8 of 12
jropeter
New Contributor

My transunion gives a DOFD of February 2014, the account is quite old.

Message 9 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@jropeter wrote:
My transunion gives a DOFD of February 2014, the account is quite old.

TU doesn't give DoFD.  DoFD is date of first delinquency so you can't be late on a date that has never happened yet.

If you mean the drop off date as Feb 2014 you would subtract 7 to 7.5 years from that to get the approximate DoFD.  So at just 7 years the DoFD would be Feb 2007.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.