Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt to credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Debt to credit?

How come MyFico report tells me that I have poor debt to credit when I have 89% available credit on my cards?

Experian and TransUnion show me at 89% available credit, but when I came to MyFico, it says I need to pay down 90% of my debt?

Any help would be much appreciated.

C

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Debt to credit?

Welcome to the forums!

For clarity, does your FICO report show your utilization at 90%? Which FICO report is this? And are you saying that the opposite is true at 10-11% utilization now?

Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

How come MyFico report tells me that I have poor debt to credit when I have 89% available credit on my cards?

Experian and TransUnion show me at 89% available credit, but when I came to MyFico, it says I need to pay down 90% of my debt?

C

Hello and welcome to the forums.

So you pulled your score and report here at myFICO correct? I'm confused because I've never seen the words "debt to credit" on any of my reports.

Page two of your report is titled Understanding Your Fico Score and it will say what factors are hurting and helping your score. The items hurting will be on the left side of the page. Is there any way for you to copy and paste what is there or could you type exactly what is written? That would definitely help.

ETA: Out typed by llecs!!

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was saying this also, but it was part of Suzie Orman' s financial planning guide, not FICO.

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

C

Hello and welcome to the forums.

So you pulled your score and report here at myFICO correct? I'm confused because I've never seen the words "debt to credit" on any of my reports.

Page two of your report is titled Understanding Your Fico Score and it will say what factors are hurting and helping your score. The items hurting will be on the left side of the page. Is there any way for you to copy and paste what is there or could you type exactly what is written? That would definitely help.

ETA: Out typed by llecs!!

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine was saying this also, but it was part of Suzie Orman' s financial planning guide, not FICO.

But was it on a score report pulled here via the Suze kit? If so, that's still a FICO score advice, just within the Suze package.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.