Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleted Inquiries

Disputed with Equifax about some inquiries that were a result of a mortgage broker feeling me out to various lenders.  Got them all deleted.  What does this mean for my fico score?  Many were just from July and beginning of August.

Eve
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Deleted Inquiries

myhearts07 wrote:
Disputed with Equifax about some inquiries that were a result of a mortgage broker feeling me out to various lenders.  Got them all deleted.  What does this mean for my fico score?  Many were just from July and beginning of August.

Eve

There is one way to find out  Smiley Very Happy

Depends - from how many to how many over the last 12 months?  And were they all mortgage in a short time?  If so, they might only count as 1

50 down to 40 - not much change

Maximum is 10% of score I guess.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

myhearts07 wrote:

Eve

If they are mortgage inqs this is how FICO de-duplication works.

With the "de-duplication window", FICO looks at your history for the last 12 months, and when it sees two or more hard inqs for the same type of mortgage or auto loan within a two-week period (I think it's 30 days now for a mortgage, correct me if I am wrong), it will ignore all but one of them as far as scoring is concerned. FICO doesn't treat credit card inquiries like this, BUT THEY SHOULD!!!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ shows 26 inquiries, some were personal that I made and we have tried with 3 brokers who have pulled our credit like crazy and with the deletes from today, I am at 15 inquiries for the year.
Message 4 of 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Well, EQ gets upset with me for more than two  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.