cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did the 'math' on the high-limit card and my utilization....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did the 'math' on the high-limit card and my utilization....

I am an AU on a friends Citi Card, $7k balance, $60k Line.

I scrupulously wnet over my TU report, and lo! the balance is reported against my utilization and $0 is added to my available credit.  An 18 year old line sure, but that baby is coming off.

If I just do 'Not Mine' will they pull it? I think/thought she took me off at my request awhile ago but it remains on TU adding 1/3 to my balance and nothing to my lines.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did the 'math' on the high-limit card and my utilization....

Aw, that's too bad - good for age, bad for util.  My neighbor disputed an AU that was yet reporting from an account belonging to her ex husband.  She used the "not mine" option and it was removed.  Best wishes
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Aw, that's too bad - good for age, bad for util.  My neighbor disputed an AU that was yet reporting from an account belonging to her ex husband.  She used the "not mine" option and it was removed.  Best wishes

Well that is good news, thanks. 

This account reports on TU as $7k out of $0k Line and on Efax as $0/$0 so I think I'll dispute off TU for now.

Also disputing my parents 38 year old Amex, $8k and probably going to default.

Good news; I got two new Amex's which will report as Open 1986 since I had an account then, so I'll replace a 38 with a 22 and a 13 with a 22.  Should balance out.  Then take away the $18k balances with $0k Limits and repace with $0k Balance and $10k Limits. I'd say that will be a net gain of 40 points plus.

Also in terms of years;  the summaries in MyFico always indicate that 'High Acheivers' have an average oldest account of 17 years and average of 7.  I'd imagine that tops out that bucket, i.e. I don't think you get much benefit for age after 17.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My oldest account on EQ is 16 yrs, 5 months and I only get a 'Very Good' on my Credit History on SW, so maybe 17 is the cutoff point for 'Excellent'.
Message 4 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

At the time, my oldest account was 18 years 4 months and this is what I received. It will be 19 years old next month.

1. You have an established credit history.
      Your oldest account was opened
      18 Years, 4 Months ago
      FICO High Achievers [?] opened their oldest account 19 years ago, on average.
      Average age of your accounts
      6 years
      Most FICO High Achievers [?] have an average age of accounts between 6 and 12 years.
      1. Your FICO score measures the age of your oldest account and the average age of your accounts. Your FICO score was helped because you have a relatively long credit history and you haven't recently opened many new accounts.
      2. You've limited the use of your available credit.

Starting Score: 469
      Current Score: 846
      Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
      Message 5 of 10
      Junejer
      Moderator Emeritus

Page 1

Your Equifax FICO® score is based on the information in your Equifax credit report. Below are factors in your credit report that are hurting or helping your score:

FICO® score ingredients How you rate

Payment history
      Your history of paying bills on time.
      Great

Amount of debt
      Your total amount of outstanding debt.
      Very Good

Length of credit history
      How long you've had credit.
      Very Good

Amount of new credit
      Amount of credit you've recently obtained or applied for.
      Good

Message 6 of 10
      haulingthescoreup
      Moderator Emerita

writemikep wrote:
      My oldest account on EQ is 16 yrs, 5 months and I only get a 'Very Good' on my Credit History on SW, so maybe 17 is the cutoff point for 'Excellent'.

The first page stuff on Credit History is doing both oldest account and AAoA (average age of accounts.)

My oldest is 19y 5m, and my AAoA is 3y 9m on EQ and TU. It's longer for EX, because that one has an old closed account. This gets me a "very good" on TU and EQ; EX is mum, of course.

On page 2, it's:

-- EX: negative for short history
      -- TU: negative for "many new accounts" but positive for "long history"
      -- EQ: negative for "seeking credit" but positive for "long account history"

Fun!
      * Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
      FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
      Message 7 of 10
      Anonymous
      Not applicable

I didn't mention my AAoA cause I figured that part of it was ok (I'm at 7 years).
      Message 8 of 10
      Junejer
      Moderator Emeritus

I think that the point is that the thresholds are a bit different than 17 and 7. My EQ was 18yrs 4mos and 6 yrs AAoA and it got me a Very Good. The advice tells me that 19 yrs and 6-12 AAoA is Great. I won't be able to verify that, because I destroyed my AAoA during an app spree earlier this year. So next month, my oldest account is 19 yrs, but AAoA is about 4.5, so it will remain Very Good.

Message 9 of 10
      marty56
      Super Contributor

Mine is Great for 28 years and 10 years respectively.  Long history and short of brains for most of the time though.
      1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
      Message 10 of 10
      Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.