Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff between myfico FICO score and equifax FICO SCORE

tag
katrinalbsn
Contributor

Diff between myfico FICO score and equifax FICO SCORE

I am an equifax member and pulled my FICO SCORE FROM EQUIFAX.com.. It's much lower than my FICO score on here. What is the difference?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Diff between myfico FICO score and equifax FICO SCORE

@katrinalbsn wrote:
I am an equifax member and pulled my FICO SCORE FROM EQUIFAX.com.. It's much lower than my FICO score on here. What is the difference?

Different versions, the FICO from Equifax is Beacon 5.0 = FICO '04 model; the one here is FICO 8 (aka Beacon 9.0).

Not too surprising, if you have a negative on your report the older version seems to weight them more, or even if you're an utter clean sheet the fact the older score is capped at 818 unlike the newer one at 850 can be a difference too.  There's some other differences, like if you have low installment loan balances that can do it too, but those are the common ones.  Probably 2/3 or higher of the people on this forum have lower FICO 04 scores.

If you were to get the full Equifax 1B report from here, you'd see it listed as FICO Score 5 and if pulled at the same time, would match the Equifax Score Power / Scorewatch scores.

        
Message 2 of 3
katrinalbsn
Contributor

Re: Diff between myfico FICO score and equifax FICO SCORE

Aaaahhh I see! Thanks
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.