Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between 3 credit agencies scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Difference between 3 credit agencies scores

I just called for a mortgage refi, the guy at the other end was also confused.  My Equi and Experian were very close to each other but my Trans U was way way high.  Can someone help to decipher the below readings

Experian - 667

Equi - 668

Trans Union - 722???? Why and how come such a large gap.

The mortgage person also told me that typically mortgage lenders take the middle score when deciding a rate for refi or purchase.

Help please.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Difference between 3 credit agencies scores

Sounds like there's something bad on EQ and EX that's not on TU.

Have you pulled all three of your free annual reports? (Or from anywhere else, but they're the best source.) Print them all out and go through with a yellow highlighter, paying special attention to dates, balances, and worst delinquency. Plus, of course, whether something is completely missing from your TU.

eta: whoops, this might help:

annualcreditreport.com

If you've already pulled your freebies within the last year, you'll need to buy them from the individual credit bureaus.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-17-2009 11:07 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.