Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between FICO 98 and FICO 04

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Difference between FICO 98 and FICO 04

I have been searching high and low.  I am actually doing some research for a book I'm writing.  This will be my second on the credit insudutry and I'm looking for the history of the credit score and how it eveolved from the first edition issued in the 80's to now.  There is alot of data about the differences between FICO 04 and FICO 08 and FICO 08 and FICO 09, but what I need to know is: 

What is the difference between the original FICO score and FICO 98, and then the differences between FICO 98 and FICO 04.  

It seems to me from my research thus far that Next Gen score type was never usued and FICO 95 never really caught on, so I'm just concentrating on these two models and their differences.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Difference between FICO 98 and FICO 04

Actually, that thread (which I appreciate) does not answer the question.  I need to know more specifically what was different between the models.  What things they weighted differently, etc.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, that thread (which I appreciate) does not answer the question.  I need to know more specifically what was different between the models.  What things they weighted differently, etc.  

You are more than likely not going to be able to get an adequate response on the forums.  Your best bet is to try to contact Fico directly.  For the most part the people that monitor these forums are not employees of Fico.  Keep in mind that some of the information you are seeking may be proprietary and not available for disclosure to the public.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I don't need to know all the specifics of what goes into the score (they are never giving out that information, but if anyone knows general things like: are they weighting credit utilization a little bit more, etc.  Any idea who to contact at FICO?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.