cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between FICO and Credit Score?

tag
GBguy
New Contributor

Difference between FICO and Credit Score?

Today I bought the 3 credit reports and scores from experian.com.  I was a bit optimistic when i realized that two of the three are almost 600's and im only 2 months post bankruptcy.  I am new to MYFICO but today when i logged in and put my SSN in, it tells me my FICO is only a 526. OUCH!

My question is why such a large gap?

Chapter 7 Discharge 9/2013
FICO scores as of 1.27.14
Eq- 574
Ex- 629
Tu- 612
Cap 1 Secured ($49 Dep - 200 Limit) Reporting since Nov 2013
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Difference between FICO and Credit Score?

Myfigo is the only place that we as consumers can purchase our true scores, and Fico scores. Everything and everywhere else is FAKO. If you pulled your scores from here at myfico, that is your correct true score of 526. Hang in there!!! I was in the mid 400's in AugustSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Ps.... Welcome to the boards!!! A lot of great info on here from people that have been around awhile, and have "been there, done that". A lot of experienced lurkera and posters Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum. The scores you purchased from Experian were FAKOs and are for educational purposes only. They are not true FICO scores which you can buy here. As you start to learn about credit scoring,you will discover that there are 49 different versions of scoring models. For instance, there's TU98 (which is offered here) but lenders like Discover and Barclays use the newer version, TU08.

For more information review this thread

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Difference-in-Scores/td-p/2384297
Message 4 of 5
GBguy
New Contributor

My frustration is that when I went to the bank to open my checking account they told my my TU was 590 or something close to that. Log in on here it was 526. Then I disputed some things on my report, two days ago i got 4 of 6 collextions removed, and the score dropped to 500. None of this makes any sense in my eyes. So frustrated.
Chapter 7 Discharge 9/2013
FICO scores as of 1.27.14
Eq- 574
Ex- 629
Tu- 612
Cap 1 Secured ($49 Dep - 200 Limit) Reporting since Nov 2013
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.