becker152

Difference in 3 Credit Reporting Agencies

I get my credit reports every month, but always see a substantial difference between TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax.  For example...this month i am scoring 712/690/650.  Is this typical?  A 62 pt difference??

Thank you.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Difference in 3 Credit Reporting Agencies

Are your scores FICO's, or FAKO's (from other sites, including directly from the CRA's)? Are your scores listed in the order that you listed the CRA's? My only baddies are late payments, and EQ has been as much as 40 points lower than the others. I'm also trying to figure out if EX penalizes inquiries more than the others (I only have one there.)

Otherwise, print out your reports, get out a yellow highlighter, and see if there are any differences. Sometimes one will have an old report, which helps your overall age, or another will have a CA that's not on the others, which obviously hurts.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+