Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in Credit Scores

tag
blunderer
Established Contributor

Difference in Credit Scores

Greetings All!!

I'm curious to understand why on the same day that a mortgage lender pulled my credit report, there was a 40+ point difference in my TransUnion score than the one I pulled here.  Thankfully the lenders score was higher than what I pulled here for TransUnion. I did pull it the same day because I wanted to be prepared for any questions regarding my credit file.  After going over the reports the only difference is the lender's report shows one of my credit accounts as a charge off (it's not it was a lost/stolen card that was replaced) and still that credit score was higher than the one I pulled here.

Would very much appreciate any feedback that can be provided to help me understand the huge difference in scores. 

NOTE:  Sorry if I've posted this on the wrong board; please move if necessary.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Difference in Credit Scores

The version your lender pulled was likely TU04, the one from here is TU98,  There will most always be a difference between the two.  I have seen it go either way both up or down from what is here.

Different models/versions, different scoring criteria, different scores.

Message 2 of 7
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

I hope it goes up for me. Smiley Happy I need TU to be my highest.....on here it's my lowest. (But it has the "best" report of the 3).

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 3 of 7
blunderer
Established Contributor

guiness - thanks!

See why I thought you were a mod long before you were "officially" a mod. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
blunderer
Established Contributor

jarroldharrell1 - Hoping your TU score goes up as high as you need and then some Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

From my personal experience the TU98 one that you get here takes AU into account an little bit more. I also have huge discrepncy between my TU scores. I also noticed some of my cc aren't getting reported to TU , which also may effect my TU scores.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@blunderer wrote:

guiness - thanks!

See why I thought you were a mod long before you were "officially" a mod. Smiley Wink

Lol, thanks!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.