Frequent Contributor
blunderer

Difference in Credit Scores

Greetings All!!

I'm curious to understand why on the same day that a mortgage lender pulled my credit report, there was a 40+ point difference in my TransUnion score than the one I pulled here.  Thankfully the lenders score was higher than what I pulled here for TransUnion. I did pull it the same day because I wanted to be prepared for any questions regarding my credit file.  After going over the reports the only difference is the lender's report shows one of my credit accounts as a charge off (it's not it was a lost/stolen card that was replaced) and still that credit score was higher than the one I pulled here.

Would very much appreciate any feedback that can be provided to help me understand the huge difference in scores. 

NOTE:  Sorry if I've posted this on the wrong board; please move if necessary.

guiness56

Re: Difference in Credit Scores

The version your lender pulled was likely TU04, the one from here is TU98,  There will most always be a difference between the two.  I have seen it go either way both up or down from what is here.

Different models/versions, different scoring criteria, different scores.

Frequent Contributor
Kratos-TM

I hope it goes up for me. :smileyhappy: I need TU to be my highest.....on here it's my lowest. (But it has the "best" report of the 3).

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Frequent Contributor
blunderer

guiness - thanks!

See why I thought you were a mod long before you were "officially" a mod. :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
blunderer

jarroldharrell1 - Hoping your TU score goes up as high as you need and then some :smileyhappy:

Super Contributor
mongstradamus

From my personal experience the TU98 one that you get here takes AU into account an little bit more. I also have huge discrepncy between my TU scores. I also noticed some of my cc aren't getting reported to TU , which also may effect my TU scores.

EX Fico 782 9/25/14 Fako 801 CS/Credit.com 11/24/14
EQ SW 823 quizzle fako 796 7/19/14
TU Fico 808 Fako 787 Creditkarma 11/24/2014
guiness56

blunderer wrote:

guiness - thanks!

See why I thought you were a mod long before you were "officially" a mod. :smileywink:

Lol, thanks!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}