Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in Fico Score from Same Agency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Difference in Fico Score from Same Agency

Hello,

New to the forum, but not new to credit! Smiley Happy  Quick question, trying to rebuild my credit, but getting conflicting information.  Ran my score from Annual for Experian and got a 661.  Went to Transunion and signed up for True Credit Service for all 3 Credit Reports.  Came back with TU 559 Ex 576 EQ 555.  I thought to myself, this can't be right.  So I then signed up at my Fico and pulled and show a TU of 614 and EQ of 547.  So I guess what I am trying to figure out is, does it matter who I pull my credit score from?  I wouldn't think that my Credit score would go up or down so fast in the same day?  Any ideas?

A little more information.  Went back to Annual and pulled my TU at 651 and my EQ at 547.  So I am pretty confused in summary:

TU pulled from Annual via Transunion 651

TU pulled from My Fico shows 614

TU pulled via TU Credit Service of 559

Ex pulled from Annual via Experian at 661

Ex pulled from TU Credit at 576

Can't be pulled from My Fico

EQ pulled from Annual via EQ 547

EQ pulled from My Fico 547

EQ pulled from TU Credit Service 555

So what would cause these type of differences, done on the same day?  HELP!!!! Smiley Happy 

Message Edited by sirquin on 12-09-2009 03:24 PM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Difference in Fico Score from Same Agency

Welcome to the forum and the world of FAKO scores.  The True Credit and EX score you got are FAKOs.  This means that they are valid scores based on data from your CR but since no one uses them, they are useless.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So since my Fico shows me my TU and EQ #'s but everyone uses Experian, how do I figure out what to look at and to see if I am making progress.  I still don't understand why there would be any difference if I am pulling the same report using the same criteria....maybe I am overthinking this!  Help!

Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok..I figured out what you said.  Basically My Fico is my true Fico from EQ and TU.  And the other number from the other sites...are basically BS.  So one last question, how can I get a Fico from EX?

Message 4 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok..I figured out what you said.  Basically My Fico is my true Fico from EQ and TU.  And the other number from the other sites...are basically BS.  So one last question, how can I get a Fico from EX?

Welcome to the forums.

No one has been able to pull their own Experian FICO score since mid-February. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all the responses...I do appreciate it.  By any chance does the CU allow for out of state membership?  It would be worth it to me to see the "whole" picture! Smiley Wink  Thanks again!
Message 6 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for all the responses...I do appreciate it.  By any chance does the CU allow for out of state membership?  It would be worth it to me to see the "whole" picture! Smiley Wink  Thanks again!

There are credit unions (isn't that what you mean by CU?) who allow members from out of state. I'll let others tell you their recommendations because I don't know of any.

Message 7 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

That particular CU is PSECU, and one of the ways to qualify is by having attending certain Pennsylvania colleges.

So you can live out of state, but you have to have that qualifying link.

Believe me, we'd ALL love to see our EX FICO scores again!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 11
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So since my Fico shows me my TU and EQ #'s but everyone uses Experian, how do I figure out what to look at and to see if I am making progress.  I still don't understand why there would be any difference if I am pulling the same report using the same criteria....maybe I am overthinking this!  Help!

I think you will find a wide variety of where creditors pull their reports. Most of my stuff, for example, happens on EQ. It will also vary based on where you live. We'd all love to know our EX FICOs, but most of us live without them.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the great feedback everyone! Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.