Did you mean: 

Difference in Scores

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Consumer reports article

@rpb0528 wrote:

Thanks

Do you know if the equifax site will give me the actual FICO score?

yes it will be an real eq04 but you have to make sure you get the right one i think its called score watch , its 20 bucks thats all i remember :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 61 of 111
NewBuster
Established Member

The Equifax FICO is called "Score Power" and is a true FICO and the report is in the same format as MyFICO.

Also, Equifax didn't charge me sales tax $19.95 total, MyFICO cost me $20.78 (HI).

FICO 8 / EQ 824 / EX 815 / TU 816

Discover $36,000, Capital One $32,500, Chase Bonvoy $30,000, Barclays Arrival+ $34,200, Fidelity Rewards $25,000, AMEX Delta $25,000, AMEX Bonvoy $25,000, AMEX Platinum $$$
Message 62 of 111
Underconstruction
Established Member

all in the same day myfico pulled scores in the 480s, a lender pulling beacon 5.0 and classic 04 pulled 545 and 549 and credit karma LOL is giving me a 714. I say dont worry so much about your score just use common sense and get the derogatories off your reports and get a few positive tradelines reporting let the score move itself right along. You will pull your hair out trying to figure out what version of which big three company is best to go by or why they vary so much on the same scoring model minute by minute!

Message 63 of 111
jayleelove

Re: Difference in Scores

Hi im new here too, if there is 49 different scores availble i do not know, but what im going to tell you is that i have an equifax report and score monitoring, and on 5/11/2014 my score with equifax was 675 and on 5/12/2014 my score went down to 657 and i almost had a panic attack, so the reason was the reason was a installment loan that i paid off,,

BUT when i said let me pay the 4.95 to see my FICO on 5/13/2014 my FICO-equifax is 731, so  whats the real deal out of the 49  different scores availble I will love to find out too if possible 

Message 64 of 111
Kazuya
Established Member

When car shopping does it help my score to finish paying off 2 cars or lets say one car is paid off while the other car is only 3 months missing. If I trade it in will I expect a significantly lower credit score when the dealer pulls it since it will be 1 and 1 with 3 only e months left instead of 2 cars completely paid on my history.
Message 65 of 111
user5387
Valued Contributor

@Kazuya wrote:
When car shopping does it help my score to finish paying off 2 cars or lets say one car is paid off while the other car is only 3 months missing. If I trade it in will I expect a significantly lower credit score when the dealer pulls it since it will be 1 and 1 with 3 only e months left instead of 2 cars completely paid on my history.

Installment loans tend to help your scores, and you can find a bunch of reports here where people paid off a loan and their score declined a bit.

DTI may be another issue, and DTI is not included in FICO scoring.

Message 66 of 111
Kazuya
Established Member

Sorry what is DTI?
Message 67 of 111
myjourney
Super Contributor

DTI=debt to income

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 68 of 111
jayleelove

well it happen to me when i paid 2 of my instalment loans

Equifax

As of 05/18/2014

FAIR

Equifax

As of 04/21/2014

GOOD

Message 69 of 111
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jayleelove wrote:

well it happen to me when i paid 2 of my instalment loans

Equifax

As of 05/18/2014

FAIR

Equifax

As of 04/21/2014

GOOD

Those scores were from myFICO individual pulls?  Or Scorewatch, or from Equifax directly?

We have never seen someone drop that many points, especially with a mixed file as your scores suggest from having paid off installment loans: we're talking a few points, not 50+.  Not saying it's impossible with FICO 8 as we don't have enough experience with it, but it seems a little absurd on the surface without something else's being the culprit.

        
Message 70 of 111
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.