Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Member

Re: Difference in Scores

I'm having motgage company run score in 5 days. After reading this now I'm afraid to do it. Is it better to go directly to all 3 bureaus?

Gracie_217 wrote:

I'm having motgage company run score in 5 days. After reading this now I'm afraid to do it. Is it better to go directly to all 3 bureaus?

The best thing you can do to know where you stand, is to pick up the Equifax Score Power product.  That is a mortgage score.

Transunion I don't' think even sells a FICO directly, and the FICO score EX has started selling is the same one as here, FICO 8, which is not used in the current mortgage market.

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 693, EX 2 719, EQ 8 732, TU 8 732, EX 8 728 (2/01/17)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 750, EX 2 750, EQ 8 800, TU 8 Blah, EX 8 800 (01/01/18)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member

Of course EX is the one I need. Thanks for the info

Valued Contributor

Gracie_217 wrote:

That being the case, pay for your 08 EX FICO score and estimate that your mortgage score is 40-60 points lower. If it's closer, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Ive been getting my bankcard score so I'm not sure of the difference when it the generic 08 score. Best of luck!!!

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

bdhu2001 wrote:

Gracie_217 wrote:

That being the case, pay for your 08 EX FICO score and estimate that your mortgage score is 40-60 points lower. If it's closer, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Ive been getting my bankcard score so I'm not sure of the difference when it the generic 08 score. Best of luck!!!

It's not always lower. My mortgage scores are much higher than my FICO 08 scores. 

Frequent Contributor

Good morning, all; and please do forgive my ignorance, but I've just accessed the FICO score Citi Bank offers and it's quite a bit higher than my FICO score here.  Why is that? 

Citi Bank:  731

MyFico: 713.

Is Citi Bank providing the bank card score?  Is that why the difference? 

Thanks, in advance.

MercyMe wrote:

Good morning, all; and please do forgive my ignorance, but I've just accessed the FICO score Citi Bank offers and it's quite a bit higher than my FICO score here.  Why is that? 

Citi Bank:  731

MyFico: 713.

Is Citi Bank providing the bank card score?  Is that why the difference? 

Thanks, in advance.

The score Citi is providing is a bank enhanced EQ FICO 08.  Therefore it wouldn't match the FICO here in your dashboard.  However if you pull new reports it does give you additional FICO scores including that one.  Hers a lengthy discussion of the Citi score:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/CITI-BANK-to-offer-FICO-Scores/td-p/3544649

New Visitor

Hi All,  Late in conversation... Need help! Struggleing after some life changes and  need to boost my scores for a mortgage, ASAP. Socres seemed okay thru Experian/TU credit tracking... but mortgage broker ran credit and scores he got much scores lower by 30-90 points. Not sure where to start. What types of accounts does bank version rate more?

AmyK11 wrote:

Hi All,  Late in conversation... Need help! Struggleing after some life changes and  need to boost my scores for a mortgage, ASAP. Socres seemed okay thru Experian/TU credit tracking... but mortgage broker ran credit and scores he got much scores lower by 30-90 points. Not sure where to start. What types of accounts does bank version rate more?

welcome to My fico Smiley Happy

If the scores you are getting are not Ficos then you need to disregard them, the mortgage industry uses Fico 04. The scores you will get in the monitoring here on My fico are Fico 08 and they will be different from the scores the mortgage lender will pull. If you dont have at least 3 open bankcards and 1 store card you need to get to that number quickly as that is the minimum number needed to really drive your FIco. You should also be addressing any derogs your have on your CRs. I recommend you pull all 3 of your reports directly from the CRAs and have them delivered by mail and then sit down and triage them, you can post direct questions in our rebuilding forum if you need help with your derogs. Good luck in your credit journey.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."
- Rhonda Byrne
Established Member

If you buy the score monitoing product from myfico; it gives you all of your socres. The standard Fico Score 8, Fico Auto 8 used for auto loans, and the previous verison Fico Auto 5, Fico Score 5 used for mortage companies, and Fico Bankcard Score 8 and the previous verison 5 used for credit cards and banks. 

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.